Thursday, September 3, 2015

Tinkering in the kitchen!!

Today I mostly spent the day experimenting in the kitchen to find a good homemade 'clay' that I can use for tags and other stuff.

First I made salt dough, it was cool in its own rights, rugged and textured on its own. The tan color it ends up being is endearing for some projects I have in mind, especially antique-like ones.



Then I made some whiter homemade dough. This one I like more. It's a nice crisp white and holds ink and stamps very well. 




Then I made homemade Cold Porcelin, so far I LOVE THIS STUFF!! It's soft and so white and easy to color and draw on.  I see myself making a batch a week of this stuff!! I made a few little figurines tonight even though you are supposed to wait 24 hours before using it to let it rest. I couldn't stop myself and it had been almost 8 hours!! :)
The little blue guy will be a sheep, once he is dry I'll paint on his face!



Then last I did some polymer clay work . I was playing with flowers :) practicing and trying to get some creative juices going!




It was a very interesting and enlightening day!! Once I get the hang of these new homemade clays and doughs I'll make tutorials!

Happy night to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment