Saturday, September 5, 2015

Results of salt dough trials!

So the other day I did some trials with salt dough and a white dough recepie. I found that they both look much better when allowed to air dry! The salt dough is darker and the white dough is just pristine and my fave!!

Here is the salt dough, on the right are the baked specimens. The baked ones don't look too bad, but the air dried ones are superior as far as not being discolored on the back and a cleaner color all around.



These are the white dough tags, they are so white!! The baked ones are on the right, it is obvious that I will never put them in the oven again!! They came out cracked, misshaped, and discolored. The air dry ones are beautiful and hold the colored stamps so well!!


Both oven batches were done for 3 hours at 200' as that is the lowest setting on my home stove.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment